Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prodigal Blogger

Okay, okay so the title is lame, but I guess my week sabbatical turned into a couple weeks. Do not fret, though, because I am back. These past couple weeks have gotten away from me, but I am here to stay. Kaitlyn's whirlwind visit of Chicago was well worth the wait! The visit was packed full with amazing Chicago activities including delicious food, a sleepover at Heath and Thais' house, discussions about education reform, and TONS of walking. Her visit was much needed and I am glad we got to catch up on each others lives. Anywho, after my hiatus I am refocusing and writing once more. Today I will share with you a poem I wrote, which is pretty raw, but thought you guys might enjoy it. Here goes nothing:

We are all in this together
Mankind, human beings are messed up
Beautifully dependent on Him
No one man can surpass another
We are all painfully, incredibly indebted
We strive on our own but never succeed
Yet this sweet realization frees us

Recognizing our equal dependence,
we can choose love through grace
Leaving pretense, judgment, pride
all corruption and violence,
Why would we kill when we realize
we need that person to fully live?

We are all in this together
This one fact frees us to live
Allows us to stop and listen
Mercy replaces injustice
Love replaces war

Recognizing we are in this together,
we unite under our King
Only through God's grace and mercy
are we set free of ourselves.

M.C.

1 comment:

David T. Ulrich said...

"Mercy replaces injustice
Love replaces war"

The words of a peacemaker. O, how impossible it is for mankind to cooperate and lose life, power, pride, position, to join in such merciful ethics.