Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Amazing Events of the Weekend Preceding the Inauguration

I know that this title was one of the best ones you have ever heard... but it is pretty much true :).. So this post contains some events that coincidentally coincided with Inauguration weekend.
The first picture is one of Katie and Sophie who graciously volunteered to organize my crate full of textbooks. They apparently found some pretty interesting reading..


This is a picture from the goodbye dinner for my friends who went abroad this semester. We went to the Cheesecake factory... we had too many people so we had to split up into two tables but this is a pic of Anya, Sarah and Kathleen... some of my table mates


And to the GRAND event of the weekend, well of course beside the Inauguration of our country's first African American president but in my life this comes close to rivaling that experience. I met Donald Miller! Oh yes you might know him as the author of the great book, Blue Like Jazz. He might be my favorite author and talking to him for twenty minutes was so great! He was so humble and down to earth which was so refreshing. I got him to sign my copy of Blue Like Jazz and got a picture with him and Jess.



On Monday I got an unexpected call from my lifelong friend, David Ulrich. He was in DC for the Inauguration so I met up with him down at the Mall. We went to the Freer Art Museum and found a Traditional Indian Dance Show. It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun catching up on each others lives.


So those were the preceding events to the Inauguration.... needless to say I was exhausted by the end of this weekend.

Mackensey (ps Donald Miller said he like my name :))

No comments: